Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I need to learn.....

to avoid procrastination.  *sigh*  I had all weekend.  Plus a couple extra days due to Fall Break.  Did I work ahead?  Nope.  Did I get my homework done early so I could enjoy the weekend?  Nah.  Nope I waited until today.... And not even early today!  LOL.  No I waited until 6pm to put together a 25+ slide powerpoint presentation!!  Oh, AND stitch together the bodice top for the show!!

*sigh* I've got to get a handle on this.....  *shakes head*

Seriously, I realize what a big part of the problem is.  (Aside from a life-long issue with time management...)  I'm just a wee bit burnt out.  But I'm sooooo close!!  If I can finish this semester, take the couple of clep tests and the departmental exam I want to take (and pass all of 'em!!) Then I'll finish this spring.  I spent 20 years trying to get back to school and have been busting bootie to finish my bachelor's in 3 years instead of 4.  I'm so close, I can taste it.... But I'm tired of the non-stop school!!

But!  I also love it.  *lol*  See, there's that contradiction in me.  I'm tired of it.... I want a break. But 2 weeks after semester ends.... I'll be craving the classroom again.  In fact, it's only another couple of weeks until early registration for the spring semester.  I'll start haunting blackboard and working out my schedule.  I'll be stalking my advisor, waiting for her to put up the sign-in sheet for advising appointments....  Thankfully, she likes me!!  :)

Oooh!! Oooh!! I decided on a project!!  The big one for my portfolio!!  It's going to be one of the dresses out of Patterns of Fashion (book 2) by Janet Arnold.   I haven't quite decided which one yet..... but, soon!!
I'm very, very excited about it.  I may even post progress reports and pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment